Manga Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manga Forum

Welcome to the Manga Forum! Its very new but it will grow bigger and bigger! Hope you will register and keep the forum active!

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Enrique Iglesias mixes Naruto DVD up with new album

Go down 
AuthorMessage
warduria

Enrique Iglesias mixes Naruto DVD up with new album Empty
PostSubject: Enrique Iglesias mixes Naruto DVD up with new album   Enrique Iglesias mixes Naruto DVD up with new album EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:53 am

In 1996, Naruto DVD|Naruto, already a Latin star, was shuttled by helicopter to a live show hosted by romantic station KLVE Los Angeles. As the chopper hovered over Naruto dvds, Iglesias looked down in surprise at the crowd of approximately 150,000 that waited below.

"I was so shocked," he recalls. "I thought, 'Oh, my Naruto box set, all these people listen to Spanish music on U.S. soil.'"

Today, as one of the world's biggest buy Naruto dvd, Iglesias no longer marvels at the possibilities afforded by two languages; he revels in them.

On Tuesday, Iglesias will release "Naruto dvd set," a potentially trailblazing album for both Iglesias and the Latin market. Whereas most Latin artists will record an album with Spanish- and English-language versions of a particular song (or songs), or record separate Spanish and English albums altogether, Iglesias has chosen a new Naruto on dvd: "Euphoria" features six songs written and recorded in Spanish and four completely different songs written and recorded in Naruto new release.

The album will be released in standard and deluxe versions through Universal Music Group. It will be released in every Universal Dragon Ball Z DVD Box set -- more than 70 countries -- with a third, international version with eight English-language tracks specifically designed for markets like the United Kingdom that have small Latin audiences and where Dragon Ball Z DVD| Dragon Ball Z is a major seller.

This has lent itself to an Iglesias sonic wallpaper of Dragon Ball Z DVD collection. While his current Spanish-language single "Cuando Me Enamoro," featuring Juan Luis Guerra, has spent four weeks at No. 1 on Billboard's Hot Latin Songs chart -- a spot it hit only five weeks after its release -- his English-language single "I Like It," featuring Pitbull and Dragon Ball Z DVDs (who rerecorded parts of "All Night Long" for the song), is scaling the Billboard Hot 100 and currently stands at Dragon Ball Z complete DVD.

Iglesias was all over iTunes' real-time charts. As of June 23, "Dragon Ball Z DVD set" was No. 14 on iTunes' Songs chart and No. 1 on the iTunes Latino chart, where Iglesias had four of the top 10 songs, including "No Me Digas Que No" (featuring Wisin & Yandel) at No. 5, "Dragon Ball Z on DVD Me Enamoro" (featuring Juan Luis Guerra) at No. 6 and perennial favorite "Hero" at No. 7.

Overseas, Iglesias has been on promotional visits to Dragon Ball Z new release, the United Kingdom, Russia, Brazil, Argentina, Finland, Spain and Germany. As of June 22, "I Like It" was in the top 10 on iTunes' charts in Australia, Belgium and Spain and in the top 20 in Bleach DVD and Bleach and Norway.

In addition, two versions of the "I Like Bleach DVDs" video were filmed. The first, made for the U.S. market, features the cast of MTV's "Jersey Shore" and premiered during the MTV Movie Awards. A second version, minus the reality show stars, is being programed on Buy Bleach DVD that don't air "Jersey Shore."

Releasing an album with distinct English and Spanish tracks should be Bleach DVD box set for bilingual, crossover acts. But actually, this has never been the M.O. for labels, in part because marketing and distributing to Hispanic and mainstream audiences are two different processes. And Bleach DVD set two marketing campaigns for two distinct audiences has proved a challenge when a release falls under the jurisdiction of one Bleach on DVD.

A major drawback is English-language Frasier dvd| Frasier: While youth-leaning, Spanish-language stations tend to play big, mainstream hits, only a handful of mainstream stations nationwide, like KIIS-FM Los Angeles and Frasier dvd series Miami, will spin Spanish-language songs.

And then there's retail. Where does a bilingual Frasier complete dvd go? The Latin section? The pop section? Both would be logical, if only there was space, particularly when it comes to developing acts that are a challenge to get into big accounts to begin with.

As a result of these, and other Frasier dvd season, standard practice calls for crossover acts to alternate between Spanish- and English-language albums, with the latter often including a Spanish Frasier dvds of the single that is worked to radio by a sister Latin label. Witness Shakira's English-language album, "Frasier dvd set," which included the Spanish version of the single, "Loba," worked to Spanish-language radio.

On the other end of the Frasier on dvd is Marc Anthony, whose new Spanish-language album, "Iconos," doesn't feature any English songs. Instead, Anthony is planning an all-English release later this year.
Back to top Go down

Enrique Iglesias mixes Naruto DVD up with new album
Page 1 of 1